Sunday, February 19, 2023

Tasting - Cupcake Light Hearted Rosé

 
Name of the Wine: Cupcake Light Hearted Rosé
Variety of grapes: Rosé - blend of white and reds (couldn't find specific grapes) 
Country of Origin: United States
Region of Origin: Livermore, CA 
Vintage Year: 2019
Price: $8

Review of the Wine

Vivino Website Review: 3 Stars 122 Ratings

“Diluted strawberry, cranberry, a little citrus. These wines really aren't bad, but for a few extra calories per glass, I'll mostly stick with the good stuff” 

“Dry , balanced, notes of strawberry and lemon. This wine is 80 calories per 5oz and less than one gram of sugar. Honestly it is better than the standard Rose from Cupcake.”


Flavors, Aromas, and Characteristics 

The main aroma I got from the wine was citrus, specifically grapefruit (page 31).

The main flavors I got were citrus as well as black fruits such as plum and blackberry. There was a bit of a sweet, flowery after taste of honeysuckle.

The wine has about 4 g sugar per liter which classifies it as dry (page 16). It was also pretty acidic and “wines with higher acidity taste lighter bodied and also less sweet” (page 20).


My Review 

I tried this wine without food, but perhaps it would have been better with food. I thought that this wine was way too acidic at first. The acidity is overpowering and makes it difficult to detect the underlying citrus and black fruit flavors.The aftertaste has a bit of honeysuckle which was nice, but overall it was very dry and not sweet enough for me. I wanted to try a lower calorie wine but I think I'd rather stick with something sweeter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese #3

This week I got together with some friends to have wine and cheese. One of whom is also in this class. We tried a cabernet sauvignon, a pino...